Saturday, April 2, 2011

Making it mine

You can say "Im a blog stocker" (only the cute ones tho..) 
One day i came across a awesome blog with a girl that was very talented
I wanted to be like her...
Well have her talent , patience, and creativity..
Luckily to my benefit she posted how she made a beat up looking piece of furniture, look amazing..
step for step...
So i Do what i do best and Hopped on my comp, www.craigslist.com
to furniture than to Buffet table , nothing that caught my eyes! OH shucks! 
after about a month of looking i found her!! 25.00$ what a steal!!
Look at this beauty!

( This is tame , the WHOLE thing was this Awful BLUE cracked color, no wonder she sold it so cheap)
It took me 2 months to even start to strip it, do to lazyness! OOPS.. but once i start i have to finish... its the 
OCD in me...

So far I have completely stripped the whole dresser and drawers, she is such a beauty on the inside... I have fallen in love with her... i think she thanks me for freeing her of that BLUE hehe..
Heres a pic of what she looked like this morning.. She now has a dark stained top (such a great decision that was) and white primer (not shown in pic) on all drawers and bottom part of dresser, to get ready for her new color...


Doesnt she look amazing?? and completely different? No you cannot buy it from me, its not for sale... hehe
I know know why Shelby (new friend that gave me this courage) sells her re- done stuff for a pretty penny...
So far about 8 hrs on this dresser... if i find another item to re-do it will have no paint LOL.. saves me hair! HA
I will post the pic of her all done when she gets all done , hopefully by friday! 
Stay turned!

sarah

2 comments:

BossFamilia said...

Looks great so far!! Elijah says you're a great stripper.

Megan, TfDiaries.com said...

Oh I love this! I just refurbished a bunch of furniture too - such a great feeling seeing the finished piece :)